[uf-discuss] origin of class attribute approach in microformats ?

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sat Jul 22 12:44:28 PDT 2006

On 7/22/06 3:30 AM, "Ben Ward" <lists at ben-ward.co.uk> wrote:

> On 22 Jul 2006, at 03:15, Tantek Çelik wrote:
>> should these all be in the FAQ?
>
> I think we should definitely have this covered on the Wiki; it seems
> in the same spirit as dispelling the /. misconceptions last week.

Agreed.

> Definitely worth getting this documented definitively, 'cause it
> seems to be a very common misconception.

Ok, here is a start, including the excellent summary from Sören:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/microformats-easier-than-xml
 http://microformats.org/wiki/semantic-xhtml
 http://microformats.org/wiki/semantic-class-names
 http://microformats.org/wiki/plain-old-xml-considered-harmful
 http://microformats.org/wiki/namespaces-considered-harmful

Please feel free to expand upon these with material from earlier discussions
etc.

Thanks,

Tantek