[uf-discuss] geo and named locations

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 24 02:06:56 PDT 2006

On 7/23/06 10:40 PM, "John Allsopp" <john at westciv.com> wrote:

> It actually makes me wonder whether a  element geo will ever exist by
> itself, unattached from an hCard? Indeed, the same might go for adrs.
>
> This issue has come up in putting together presentations and so on on
> ufs. I am trying to build a progression from rel and rev ufs to adr
> and geo, then hCard and so on introducing ideas and concepts along
> the way.
>
> The problem is, finding use cases for say geo and adr unassociated
> with an hCard.
>
> anyone got any suggestions?

RTFW. ;)

The answer to this question is partially in the background of the
development of those two formats.

http://microformats.org/wiki/adr#Introduction_and_Background

which links to:

http://microformats.org/wiki/geo-bof-2005-06-30

which contains minutes of that BOF meeting, as well as a link to:

http://microformats.org/wiki/location-formats

which specifically lists what people are publishing on the web currently:

http://microformats.org/wiki/location-formats#What_People_are_Publishing

several use cases can be found there.

In addition, on the geo spec page, there is a real world example that is
analyzed:

http://microformats.org/wiki/geo#Real_world_geo_example

Tantek