[uf-discuss] Easy book citations

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Sun Jul 30 01:53:11 PDT 2006

Hello folks; please don't shoot, I'm new here. I've noticed on the wiki that
there's a relatively long discussion about citation formats, tending to focus
on creating microformats for full academic citations. From my point of view,
this seems to go against the "start as simple as possible" principle, but
let's move on.

I'm looking for something simpler and something a bit more immediate. I'm
working on an online book recommendation site
(http://www.youneedtoreadthis.com/) which will, obviously, display a lot of
information about books. I'd like that to contain semantic markup for all the
books: nothing too fancy, just title, author, maybe ISBN. I would imagine that
this is a fairly common usage case.

Can I do this yet? Is there a citation format ready to use right now?

--
If the code and the comments disagree, then both are probably wrong.
		-- Norm Schryer