[uf-discuss] Easy book citations

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Sun Jul 30 03:00:46 PDT 2006

Breton Slivka:
> Lead by example. If you can get some use out of authoring your own
> xhtml semantics, do it!

OK, let's have a go:
http://www.youneedtoreadthis.com/book/view/0596102356
I don't consider the "authorgroup" and the "metadata" to be part of
the uformat, they're just presentational - for me, at least. ("metadata" is a
silly name if you think about it, it's all metadata.)

Someone said that the citation uformat should use hcards for authors; this is
probably an ideal situation, but not necessarily practical in all cases - for
instance, I'm slurping author data from Amazon and don't have control of how
it segments into first, middle, last names, etc.

But I think this is a reasonable start.

--
So what if I have a fertile brain?  Fertilizer happens.
             -- Larry Wall in <200002121919.LAA27974 at kiev.wall.org>