[uf-discuss] Easy book citations

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 11:03:01 PDT 2006

On 7/30/06, Simon Cozens <simon at simon-cozens.org> wrote:

> Oh, I've read it all. I'm just of the opinion that following process,
> collating examples, performing analysis, holding discussion, forming
> consensus, trialling implementations, reviewing implementations, and issuing
> specifications is a way to ensure that nothing gets done, ever.
>
> The citation process started a year ago. There's still, apparently, nothing I
> can use today - at least, nothing better than the ad-hocery I just created.

Do you really think that consensus on a difficult topic ilke this is
easy? Sure, we all can create ad hoc stuff. The point is to come to
some collective aggreement (though see below).

I think if you couple my suggested list of properties with Brian's
straw man from awhile back, you'll kniow where we are:

<http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2006-April/thread.html#3952>

I pinged Brian about gettnig back to this a few days ago. He's been
swamped with other things, but sid time would open up soon-ish.

I should also add for the record that the participants in this
discussion were moving toowards consensus after an IRC meetup, but
Tantek had rather a different idea of process that left a lot of us
frustrated:

<http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2006-April/thread.html#3643>

Bruce