[uf-discuss] [pf] picoformats and extracting event data from text email

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 21:28:24 PDT 2006

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your thoughts -- please note that messages pertaining to
picoformats should be prefixed with [pf].

As for your comments, this kind of system is already implemented in a
number of places, such as Skobee and Backpack. Skobee's syntax can be
found here: http://skobee.com/email_howto

What I think this is getting at is a system for streamlining natural
language processing (NLP) by using conventions for certain types of
information. Basically, this is what YAML does.

That said, there's some value in creating some consistency in what
"tags" people can use to perform certain actions.

While the thrust of this idea is a bit off from the original use case
for picoformats, I appreciate you bringing it up and suggest that it
be added to the wiki under picoformats-brainstorming
(http://microformats.org/wiki/picoformats-brainstorming).

Thanks again,

Chris