[uf-discuss] hCard implementation check please; plus use of common attribute

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Jun 2 13:37:46 PDT 2006

In message <303EBD48-C57A-4E62-AD28-6AAD2C6AC6D5 at technorati.com>, Ryan
King <ryan at technorati.com> writes
>> I should be grateful for people's comments about the way I've added
>>hCard markup to :
>>
>>         http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/club/executive.htm
>>
>> and especially how I might add the "organisation" component which
>>is the same for every person listed.
>

>http://microformats.org/wiki/include-pattern

Thank you. I'm troubled by the (ab)use of the "object" tag - what object
is being embedded, in such cases?

I'm also troubled by the exhortation:

        To avoid unsightly messes in Safari, you should include the
        following style rule in a style sheet for the page:

        object.include { width:0; height:0 }

and the effect on the page of not including something similar, when
viewed using FireFox 1.5 (which has vast areas of white psace0 or ie6
(which has markers not unlike those for missing images) - see:

        http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/club/executiveVCARD.htm

and compare with the original:

        http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/club/executive.htm

Also, I marked up the text concerned as:

but it seems to me that:

        Club</span>

should work. Thoughts?
--