[uf-discuss] include pattern proxy

brian suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 11:40:07 PDT 2006

I have started to look into the AREA element[1] as another semantic
element similar to 'A'.

The AREA element can take a class attribute and must be a child of a MAP
element. MAP elements can have a mix of AREA and Block Level elements.

There are a few minor things that should be addressed.
1) Are we discussing the semantics of MAP or AREA? (abit rhetorical, but
best to be stated in writing)
2) If we are talking about adding classes to MAP (similar to adding
classes to OL UL) then there are all sorts of issues, such as overlaping
coordinates, ordering, etc.

Otherwise i don't see much of a difference in AREA vs A, and this can
easily be accounted for in parsers by following the same rules as an 'A'
element would.

-brian

[1] - http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/objects.html#h-13.6.1