[uf-discuss] robots exclusion

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sat Jun 10 14:47:37 PDT 2006

On 6/10/06 2:23 PM, "Ryan King" <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:

> With no activity in more than a year, I"m tempted to call this dead:
> http://microformats.org/wiki/robots-exclusion .
>
> Unless there are objections, I'm going to remove this from the
> homepage of the wiki and put a note on the document to this effect.

I object to removing it from the wiki.

We haven't really discussed what to do with microformat proposals or
specifications that are not getting attention or not gaining traction, and I
think this definitely merits at least a little discussion.

Sometimes it is just a matter of time.  Other times, the idea has been
superceded by something better.  Or the same idea might be brought up again,
and for that reason it is good to keep whatever progress has been made on
the wiki.

Rather than removing it, perhaps we should create a new page
"past-proposals" (please feel free to suggest a better name), where we can
move things that don't seem to be getting much attention, in addition to
putting a header on the document indicating that it is a "past proposal"
(and maybe indicating reasons why it was relabeled as such).

There are probably other discussions/proposals that we should consider
moving as well.

Thoughts?  Alternatives?

Thanks,

Tantek