[uf-discuss] Re: hResume and diplomas

Chris Casciano chris at placenamehere.com
Mon Jun 12 16:49:06 PDT 2006

On Jun 12, 2006, at 7:38 PM, Ryan King wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2006, at 4:09 PM, Edward O'Connor wrote:
>
>>> 2001 : Diploma of Master Jedi at the Jedi Academy of Tatooine.
>>> 1997 : Diploma of Great Sorcerer at the Great Wizardry School of
>>> Gondor
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a way to translate this as a microformat. hcal won't
>>> work because it doesn't have a start and end date.
>>
>> In my resume (http://edward.oconnor.cx/resume/), I simply have a
>> display: none on the dtstart in the equivalent part:
>
> This would certainly work, though its a bit ugly.
>
> =ryan

I don't think its that ugly (and as I said in my earlier reply I
figured someone would scoff at the suggestion)

But particularly in the case of a resume where you have some hard data
you're working with what is the problem with doing this type of
formatting via css? Have one style sheet that is in one presentation
style, a second that is in a different format. Its all the same
information that's being marked up.

I know it doesn't jive with the human readable microformat concept, but
it certainly makes sense to me from a CSS+HTML standpoint.

--
[ Chris Casciano ]
[ chris at placenamehere.com ] [ http://placenamehere.com ]