[uf-discuss] LinkedIn and Microformats

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 15:36:18 PDT 2006

It would be interesting if the Pingerati infrastructure offered a
validation service -- or revealed mal-formed microformats.

Additionally, being able to get a list of mal-formed microformats
might be useful from a community perspective -- i.e. the Firefox
community added the "Report a broken website" menu item to Firefox to
report sites that didn't function properly in their browser of choice.
Reports would get ceded back to the community who would then engage
with the site's proprietor to try to advocate for reparation.

Similarly exposing this data coming into Pingerati would potentially
give mF advocates something to do on the weekend. Heh. (Or at least
tell the authors of the pinged page that there's something the
matter).

Chris