[uf-discuss] include-pattern implementation - please check

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Thu Jun 15 17:40:48 PDT 2006

On Jun 13, 2006, at 4:54 PM, Michael Leikam wrote:

> Thanks Ryan.  It did go off into the semantics of <area>
> tags.
>
> If anybody has any comments on the two issues I mentioned,
> I'd still like to hear them.  To wit:
>
>> any suggestions for handling
>> the "org" block would be great.

Well, first of all when you do this,

> type="text/html" width="0" height="0"></object>

it appears that you have organization-unit's without an organization-
name, which, though its not entirely clear from the RFC, seems to be
invalid. You could do a second object-include to get the organization-
name in there. Which is what you appear to be doing with this:

> <object data="#footer" class="include" type="text/html" width="0"
> height="0"></object>

That that brings alot more than just organization-name with it, it
brings another "org" thing and and  adr and such, which is fine if
that's what you intended. The only problem is that the contraints on
org are really hard to fulfill this way. organization-unit needs to
be inside org, as does organization-name, but these are arranged in
such a way as to be impossible with the current object-include
mechanism.

Unfortunately, your best bet may be to just forget about organization-
unit for now.

>> I'm also
>> undecided on whether to markup the "title"
>> by adding the class to the <td> or creating a
>> new wrapper within it the <td>.  You'll see it done
>> both ways on the page.

Well, It'd probably be better to add a wrapper, here's why- this:

> <object data="#llawhon_email" class="include" type="text/html"
> width="0" height="0"></object>

after doing the object-include, will have more than just the title in
that node, so many parsers would actually put the person's email in
the title field.

-ryan