[uf-discuss] Re: Outlook doesn't import phonenumbers?

brian suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 13:11:36 PDT 2006

Paul Bryson wrote:
> brian suda wrote:
>> Another option for encoding these type values is on the abbr element.
>> <abbr class="type" title="work">Norwegian word for "work" here</abbr>
>
> Ah, I was wondering how this should be done.  Is this the proper
> method?  And if it is, is it in the wiki?
This is part of the ABBR design pattern[1], you can use that for
anything. For example.

<abbr class="fn n" title="Jeffrey Lebowski">The Dude</abbr>

Because this is part of an ABBR element, any transforming application
should use the TITLE attribute, instead of the node value. You can apply
this to any microformat property

<abbr title="United Kingdom" class="country-name">UK</abbr>
>> If we knew what version of Outlook was being used, then it would be
>> easier to diagnose the issues.
> If you post the text for the vcard, I would be happy to test it in
> Outlook 2003.
The original site is here:
http://www.palografen.no

You can pass that through the technorati service here to get the vcard:
http://feeds.technorati.com/contact/http://www.palografen.no

-brian

[1] - http://microformats.org/wiki/abbr-design-pattern