[uf-discuss] Plants Microformat

Kevin Marks kmarks at technorati.com
Fri Mar 24 15:28:54 PST 2006

On Mar 24, 2006, at 2:04 PM, Ryan King wrote:
> Let's take a step back and think about whether a microformat for
> plants is worthwhile–
>
> Microformats are solutions to common problems, which means they often
> end up being low hanging fruit.
>
> That doesn't mean, however, that all low-hanging-fruit is a common
> problem and a worthwhile effort the community to undertake.

As someone who cares about microformats and has fruit trees, I would
like to point out that the low-hanging fruit ripens last, so if you're
picking that, you likely need to get some help and pick the whole tree,
and make some jam.

(Not sure if that helps with either discussion, but it is Friday
afternoon)