[uf-discuss] Enumerating Microformats on a Page

Breton Slivka zen at zenpsycho.com
Fri Mar 24 18:58:40 PST 2006

I've only just recently figured out what xmdp's are, and what they're
capable of.  I notice the structure of your hcard/hreview/hcalendar
thing is such that you can pick an attribute, and search for bits of
data which contain that attribute.   Have you attempted to detect and
parse XMDP's not for validation, but to discover new microformats not
documented at microformats.org?   Now don't get me wrong, I
understand the importance of strong standardization, but say someone
creates a niche format for their own site, and related sites in their
community with an xmdp,   do you think your aggregator could use that
xmdp to create new searchable attributes in your search engine?

Sorry this is a bit of a tangent, but the idea of it kind of
fascinated me.