[uf-discuss] Citation: display-first?

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 10:09:11 PST 2006

On 3/28/06, brian suda <brian.suda at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also agree that Citations are NOT flat key=>value pairs and that they
> do have a nested hierarchy. We also don't want to reinvent the wheel,
> there are already formats for describing address information[2] and
> people/organizations[3], so we should reuse as much as possible.

Yes.

FWIW, for my own bibliographic collection, I use RDF, with a current
mix of the following vocabularies:

1) DC and Qualified DC for most of the properties and relations
2) FOAF and Norm Walsh's vCard interpretation for agent data (people
and organizations, addresses)
3) My own schema for classes and a missing relation or two:

<http://purl.org/net/biblio>

I'm also using a bit of PRISM for stuff like volume and issue
properties, though may remove those in favor of having the biblio
schema cover all that.

Bruce