[uf-discuss] directions Microformat

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Wed Mar 29 11:07:14 PST 2006

On Mar 29, 2006, at 8:56 AM, Martin Blackwell wrote:

> Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the discussion started
> on the Bill Gates "We Need Microformats" blogpost: http://
> microformats.org/blog/2006/03/20/bill-gates-at-mix06-we-need-
> microformats/

The discussion there is certainly interesting and think you probably
have some good ideas there. However, we need to do some more
background research (see http://microformats.org/wiki/process).

For example, directions get published on the web all of over the
place: what kind of structure is used? what are the implicit schemas?
what are the explicit schemas? what are the common fields?

I'd suggest that anyone interested in a 'directions' microformat
contribute more examples and analysis to http://microformats.org/wiki/
directions-examples. See http://microformats.org/wiki/resume-examples
for an example of the kind of analysis we need.

When I get a chance, I'll contribute the analogue format I have for
writing directions (in my hipster PDA, that counts, right? :D).

-ryan