[uf-discuss] Bookmark Interchange Format (mailing list)

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Thu Mar 30 13:32:30 PST 2006

I very much agree that xFolk needs additional elements to support
some of the social bookmarking applications.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel in doing this as you point
out.  For instance, hcard or xfn might be used for identity.  I'm not
so sure about the folders idea.  My guess is that some of this may
boil down into how one represents underlying semantics.  For
instance, tags could be represented as folders or as a tag cloud.
Also, need you represent it all or just the most common elements?

I've been lying low on xFolk for the past many months.  My mother
passed away in the fall after a long illness that was really bad at
the end, and I had a lot of extra duties.  I'm back now and very much
interested in getting some more work going on this if there is
outside interest.

Bud