[uf-discuss] Extracting N from hCard (was: Citation Straw Proposal II)

Ryan Cannon ryan at ryancannon.com
Mon May 1 15:20:55 PDT 2006

I added this to the Straw Proposals section of the Wiki, but I'm
wondering if we need to create a general name microformat for use
across formats. The problem with citations and author names is that
we have to do:

Adding extra markup.

I see two solutions to this:
   - Extracting N/FN properties into their own microformat
   - Creating an implied optimization, such that if a vCard contains
no other properties,
     it implies "fn" to all text within.

I like the second solution better.
--