[uf-discuss] Extracting N from hCard (was: Citation Straw Proposal II)

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon May 1 16:50:06 PDT 2006

Brian is correct.

In addition, semantically the "author" isn't just a *name*,  the author is a
*person*, and the microformat for a person is hCard.  That's why we are
using hCard there.

If however, you wanted to reuse "fn" for the name of the work being cited, I
could see a case being made for extracting "fn" for that reason, e.g.

Thanks,

Tantek