[uf-discuss] hatom + newtnewswire script updates

Chris Casciano chris at placenamehere.com
Tue May 2 10:27:50 PDT 2006

I've just posted an update to my script that allows for subscribing to
hAtom feeds in NetNewsWire 2 on OS X.

here's the announcement post:
http://placenamehere.com/article/198/ReleasedSubscribeTohAtomv05

I also made some small changes to the help doc / install instructions
and have embedded a new hatom feed with release information in it:
http://placenamehere.com/mf/netnewswire/

I'd appreciate bugs or feedback (offlist)... particularly when it comes
to the Tidy usage and if you wind up hitting any problems in the wild
consuming feeds.

Also of interest, for those not following closely, Robert has made some
good improvements to hAtom2Atom.xsl lately including date padding and
valuing feed level updated based on the entry updated information. As
of r41 all the hatom feeds on chunkysoup.net (and the new one mentioned
above) that I've tested are reporting to be valid Atom feeds when sent
through the transform (public proxy). A few warnings are left, but the
feeds are valid and all data is being populated properly. for example:

<http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?
url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lukearno.com%2Fprojects%2Fhatom2atom%2F%3Furl%3Dhtt
p%253A%252F%252Fchunkysoup.net%252F%26ctype%3Dtext%252Fxml>

and

<http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?
url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lukearno.com%2Fprojects%2Fhatom2atom%2F%3Furl%3Dhtt
p%253A%252F%252Fchunkysoup.net%252Farticle%252F193%252FFlashObjectIsNowS
WFObject%26ctype%3Dtext%252Fxml>

--
[ Chris Casciano ]
[ chris at placenamehere.com ] [ http://placenamehere.com ]