[uf-discuss] meeting minutes: microformats needed?

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed May 3 08:10:29 PDT 2006

Welcome "brush"!

As someone who has typed up (and published) *numerous) meeting minutes
himself, I certainly recognize that this could be a useful microformat.

Regarding creating a new microformat, please read the following pages
thoroughly:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/process
 http://microformats.org/wiki/examples

Then, start the respective examples page:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/meeting-minutes-examples

and let folks on the list know that you have done so, and invite others to
help document and analyze the examples.

If you want to capture your brainstorms (e.g. your "sense is that it could
be as follows"), please do so on a brainstorming page, but keep in mind that
you will need to research and document real world examples on the Web and
pre-existing formats in order to give the brainstorms a good foundation, and
that as a result of that research, the proposals will likely change.

 http://microformats.org/wiki/meeting-minutes-brainstorms

Finally, if you have any questions about the process, or how to proceed,
please ask on the list, and I'm sure someone will help you move things
along.

Thanks,

Tantek