[uf-discuss] hcalendar timezone, DST examples

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Fri May 12 12:02:19 PDT 2006

I believe the most common flaw in vevents is currently missing or
incorrect timezones.  I was just looking at how timezones are shown
in the examples, and discovered that they aren't.  Every single
example is marked as Z.  On the live web, I don't see many actually
converting their times to UTC, so I think the examples should
probably reflect the more common use of offsets to encourage better
timezone markup.

I started by changing the first event to CST under DST.  I also
changed the timezone question in the FAQ to focus more on what people
are more often doing (offsets):

http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-examples
http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-faq

I'm still not entirely sure I understand timezones and DST correctly,
so it would be good for others working with this issue to review.

Peace,
Scott