[uf-discuss] RDFa

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Fri May 19 17:31:49 PDT 2006

A W3C Working Draft published on May 16th:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml-rdfa-primer-20060516/

For Embedding RDF in XHTML. Gives iCal and vCard examples. In
practice, there's a bit mark-up involved than with µF (namespace
declarations for a start) but seems to acheive much the same thing in
the end.

One interesting thing to note is the use of the META element for
embedding computer-readible data, e.g.

10am</meta>

Has this ever been considered for Microformats? It seems especially
relevant given the recent uncertainty regarding ABBR/@TITLE and
accessibility tools. I have to admit, I've never seen META used
outside the HEAD and never even considered it as valid. Could it be a
viable alternative (if it's considered that an alternative is ever
needed).

Regards,

Ben