[uf-discuss] CFP microformat?

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sun May 21 08:26:11 PDT 2006

On 5/21/06 1:46 AM, "Peter Krantz" <peter.krantz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/20/06, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
>
>> The use case you described sounds like a specialized case of "events
>> + todos" which sounds like exactly hCalendar. If hCalendar isn't
>> sufficient, the only way to know reliably is try it out first.
>
> There seems to be a need to distinguish between types of events, not
> only in the area of CFPs. Is there a way to categorize hEvents or
> other microformats?

Pretty much all compound microformats use rel-tag to add tags/categories.

> I do not recall RFC 2445 having properties to add event categorization.

It's a big spec.  I recommend reading it thoroughly.  I discover more each
time I read it.

"
4.8.1.2 Categories

   Property Name: CATEGORIES

   Purpose: This property defines the categories for a calendar
   component.
"

Thanks,

Tantek