[uf-discuss] RDFa and microformats

Elias Torres elias at torrez.us
Tue May 30 19:58:42 PDT 2006

Joshua Kinberg wrote:
> That example of RDFa doesn't look like valid XHTML.
> Since when have XHTML elements included "about", "role", and
> "property" attributes?
>
> <http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_standardattributes.asp>
>
> -Josh

Josh,

You are correct, not only that example but many others too. This is one
of the things that Tantek (and many others) find troubling with RDFa.
I've heard that there's an alternative specification compatible with
XHTML 1.2 coming soon, but going into technical details will only get me
an off-topic email response from Tantek very quickly.

-Elias