[uf-discuss] Just an idea

Siegfried Gipp siegfried at rorkvell.de
Wed Nov 1 09:02:48 PST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 1. November 2006 08:27 schrieb Charles Iliya Krempeaux:

> > That seems sensible - but are "dotted" class names allowed, in HTML or
> > in style sheets?
>
> I think you'd need to do it with something like this...
>
> .DC\.title {
>    /* CSS here */
> }

I already gave a hint on the page. The best method would be to use:
*[class="DC.title"] { .. }

Unfortunately older IEs do not understand that. But the purpose of the
document is not about how to style the elements :) Html classes and IDs are
not mainly ment as vehicle for styling with css. They are meant for
adding/enhancing the semantics.