[uf-discuss] Re: Actions

Justin Thorp juth at loc.gov
Wed Nov 1 12:48:02 PST 2006

I think that either should work.

A lot of events or things that I would put on my calendar have events that are associate with them in some way.

Maybe a professor could mark up his course outline with a ToDo microformat.  The user could then easily grab the ToDos and load them into his/her Outlook or TadaList.

-justin

******************
Justin Thorp
Web Services - Office of Strategic Initiatives
Library of Congress
e - juth at loc.gov
p - 202/707-9541

Justin Thorp wrote:
> You should be able to nest an hCard inside of a ToDo.
>
> I can see this type of microformat being helpful in a situation where I have information for a rock concert but I have to buy the tickets for the rock concert.
>
> So while the event information is marked up in an hCalendar that I can download, there is also a ToDo marked up that tells me to buy a ticket and where I can buy it.  I could grab this info and import into my ToDo list.

Would these todo 'actions' be marked up within the event to give them a
deadline? or a completely separate list that has its own time-frame (or
none at all) and perhaps uses something like .include to refer to the
event in question?