[uf-discuss] Best practice for the "value" subproperty

Costello, Roger L. costello at mitre.org
Thu Nov 2 11:49:19 PST 2006

Thanks David.

I just found an example in Brian Suda's book which shows microformat
markup adding data to HTML text.  For example, consider this HTML text:

     My home is a big, brown house...

The creator of this HTML text would like to add geo data, but has no
interest in displaying lat/lon decimal values.  However, making geo
information available to aggregators is of great interest.

Without impacting the HTML presentation geo data can be added:

<abbr class="geo" title="37.408183, -122.13855"> My home</abbr> is a
big, brown house...

The value of title is a composite value - lat, lon

Cool!

/Roger