[uf-discuss] xFolk use question - Using "taggedlink" inside "description" element

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Thu Nov 2 12:55:55 PST 2006

Looking at the examples on the wiki page, there is nothing that
precludes a taggedlink inside the description.  Any parser I ever
wrote for this looked for an element with xfolkentry and then
appropriate corresponding elements under that.  How those elements
were nested did not matter?

As Ryan points out, xfolkentry is assumed to denote a container tag
with everything else underneath it.

Bud

On 10/31/06, Jeremy Boggs <jeremyboggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> A question about xFolk:[1] Is it invalid to include the TAGGEDLINK
> inside the DESCRIPTION, and as a value of the same class attribute as
> used for the XFOLKENTRY?
>
> My example code:

> is_youtube_web_20.html">Is YouTube "Web 2.0"</a> as a follow-up to a
> post by Lawrence Lessig, <a href="http://lessig.org/blog/archives/
> 003570.shtml" class="taggedlink">"The Ethics of Web 2.0."</a> Lessig
> specifically differentiates between "true sharing" and "fake
> sharing." For Lessig, YouTube is a "fake sharing" site because it
> does not allow users to download content; all traffic is directed
> back to YouTube, thus YouTube, not the users, essentially controls
> the content.</p>
>
> thanks!
> Jeremy
>
> [1] http://microformats.org/wiki/xfolk