[uf-discuss] Re: MicroFormat Ltd

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 12:14:11 PST 2006

>> I highly doubt that it will cause real confusion; furthermore, who would
be sued? No one owns the microformats name besides the community
-- which is why it's a community mark. We really don't have any assets or
formal structure, so it would be rather difficult to bring this to court.

The registered owner of the domain.  It would be a cease-and-desist suit,
not necessarily a suit for damages.

I wouldn’t contact them.

-Mike