[uf-discuss] Proposal: wine

Larry Halff lists at larryhalff.com
Mon Nov 13 18:41:22 PST 2006

Hi...

Long time subscriber, first time writer.

Among other things, I collect wine; probably far too much for my own
good. With a variety of wine selling services and vendor aggregators
(eg. http://www.wineaccess.com/), amateur collector and review sites
(eg. http://www.corkd.com/), and professional review sites (eg.
http://winespectator.com/); I know I would personally find it useful
to be able to easily extract and aggregate this information.

For instance, I'd love to be able to grab my favorite wines from
http://calwineries.com/ and import them as wine in my collection on
http://corkd.com/. And in the more distant future be able to use a
search engine to locate what vendors have a wine, or what bloggers
have said about it.

Am I off base here, or would it be worthwhile to proceed and document
current wine markup practices?

larry

-----
Larry Halff
Mailing Lists Only
For humam contact: email [at] larryhalff [dot] com