[uf-discuss] hcard real world application

James Darling james at abscond.org
Tue Nov 14 03:57:00 PST 2006

I don't believe saying the charge in a machine readable format is
necessary, as each country (or at least here in the UK) have certain
prefixes for certain charges, i.e. here all freephone are 0800, 0500
or 0808 i believe. 0845 is local rate and 09** is premium rate and so
on. So although it is good for you to say the charge in a human
readable format, I don't believe it's necessary to make it machine
readable, as the prefix does that anyway.

As for location for phone number, I don't know too much about this,
but I think usually it can be assumed the number is located in the
country of the address. Yours is an exception, and perhaps it would
be good to declare which country code the number is located in, it
would make figuring out charges using the above easier. I don't know
if this has been discussed. I think it depends on how common this
would be.

James Darling
james at abscond.org
http://abscond.org