[uf-discuss] hcard real world application

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 04:45:52 PST 2006

On 11/14/06, Gary Barber <gazbe at radharc.com.au> wrote:
> In these cases  AFAIK the numbers will not work with an international
> prefix attached or if they do they just remap to the :real number,
> Putting the code on inferred it will work at free call for the
> international dialing. This is not the case.
>
> The point in case is what would you do it you had a Australia freecall
> and say a New Zealand Freecall number for the same address in the
> Australia.  (this maybe a bad case,but you get the idea). I think its a
> little more common than you think. Especially for countries that have
> close trading and geographical ties.  So you can't rely on the address
> as the address main be in  Australia  and the other free phone for New
> Zealand.

Maybe we could use an example - have you got one that illustrates the
specific problem?

Phone numbers are designed so that their location *can* be machine (or
human with a look up table) inferred from the digits alone.  Even
cell/mobile phones are fixed to a country by their digits.

--
Frances Berriman
http://fberriman.com