[uf-discuss] Proposal: wine

Steve Marshall steve at nascentguruism.com
Thu Nov 16 01:32:33 PST 2006

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't everything you both mentioned
covered by the much more generic proposal for hListing [1]?

If we were to go down the route of a wine µF, the next step would be
beer, but then the real-ale types would want a real-ale one, and the
lager people would want a lager one, and then there's vodka,
whisk(e)y, schnapps, and I'm not even out of the alcomahols yet.

We'd then have eleventy-billion different µFs, one for each and every
possible type of product one person in the world is interested in, and
then everything on the intertubes would be marked up differently and
we may as well have just switched to XML and killed off all hopes for
a common base for a semantic web here and now.

[1]: http://microformats.org/wiki/hlisting-proposal
--
http://nascentguruism.com