[uf-discuss] Proposal: wine

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 08:18:26 PST 2006

On 11/16/06, James Jory <james at scrugy.com> wrote:
> I think you misunderstood at least where I'm coming from. I jumped in on
> this thread since it was discussing wine but I was not intending to propose
> a wine microformat (as the original subject indicates). Anyway, what I was
> asking about was the best way to begin the discussion for how wine
> information can be represented using (existing) microformats.

I didn't spot one in the previous discussion - but is there a link to
a wine marked up in HTML somewhere on the web?  I have a fair-guess
idea of how to do one with existing formats (but I'd just be guessing
on required data), but we can do a joint effort on here then log it as
an example on the wiki if you've got a reasonable example (it'd be fun
to do and serve as a good reference in future for other possible
product-specific formats people might suggest - or we might get stuck,
either way, I'd like to try and we'd know if existing formats WILL
work!). :)

But a more exact answer:  Best way to get started is to find some
existing examples in the wild - not microformatted.

--
Frances Berriman
http://fberriman.com