[uf-discuss] Proposal: wine

Sho Kuwamoto skuwamot at adobe.com
Thu Nov 16 11:03:10 PST 2006

Hi all.

2c from an infrequent poster...

It seems pretty clear to me that certain products have lots and lots of content written about them (book reviews, movie reviews, and wine reviews) whereas others do not (schnapps, for example).

For those areas where intense reviewing happens, there is always industry specific information that would be good to standardize. For example, movies always have a director. Wine (almost) always has a vintage.

To me, it seems useful to have a format dedicated to the description of wine, since there is so much wine information out there in the world. In the glorious future, it would be great to be able to use this information in a consistent way.

One caveat is that the microformats list may not a great place to find a ton of people to discuss the pros and cons of how to structure this information. The kinds of discussions you want to have are really specific to the world of wine (e.g., how do you characterize "Meritage"?)

-Sho
--
Sho Kuwamoto
Adobe Flex Builder