[uf-discuss] Contextual link information using microformats

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Fri Nov 17 06:12:32 PST 2006

Fully exploit HTML [1] first, I think. Something like this:

<a
href="http://..."
id="link"
hreflang="en"
type="application/pdf"
title="PDF Document Title">Document (PDF, 2 pages, 145KB)</a>

Beyond that, there may be overlap with media [2]

Regards, etc...

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html#edef-A
[2] http://microformats.org/wiki/media-info-examples

On 11/17/06, S.D.Price <S.D.Price at open.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi - does anyone know of a microformat for presenting contextual link
> information?
>

> I want to provide information on document formats like PDF in a standard
> way which is useful for everyone (e.g. link PDF, 500KB). How can I use
> that extra span to repurpose the link using microformats?
>

> Here is my code:
>

> #link {
>
>   background-image : url(pdf.gif);
>
>   background-position : left;