hCite Transformations Test (was Re: [uf-discuss] hCite progress)

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 06:18:11 PST 2006

Thanks for that, we are certainly going to need many, many test cases.
Once our HG system is back-up and working, i will be compiling lots of
examples, so please do keep coding-up some examples.

On 11/17/06, Jeremy Boggs <jeremyboggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> For some reason, when I do a transformation, I get the author name
> for both TITLE and AUTHOR when I put the author first in the markup,
> like so:

> I'm assuming this has something to do with the multiple FNs.

--- correct, at the moment we are using class="fn" for the title. It
is currently looking for the first instance of 'fn', in at least on of
your cases it was the fn inside author - it's not a big it's feature
:) How to actually mark-up titles is still an open issue, but i don't
want to go there yet.

> It gets the publisher's name OK too, but not the publisher location.
> I may have these coded incorrectly, but will be glad to make any
> corrections.

You do have a class="location", but at the moment the XSLTs are
looking for location to be a child of an 'adr' element. So if you were
to add:
  <abbr title="New York" class="region">NY</abbr>:

> I also plan to put up more examples of other types of
> publications, if that is helpful.

--- that would be great! the other thing that would help is "expected
output" you can certailny mark-up the data with LOADS of extras, like
authors email address, publishers email, etc. but what is the expected
output for various formats. Some of the hCite data will be lost in
conversion - it is possible to add loads of data about a publisher,
but if there is no corresponding "Publisher-Email {}" in BibTeX then
it is lost, where as in Dublin Core it is preserved (this isn't
something you need to really worry about), but if there is both an
HTML file and a .bib file, it helps for me to compare my XSLT output
with what you expected to be decoded. Make sense?

Thanks,
-brian

--
brian suda