[uf-discuss] Proposal: wine

James Jory james at scrugy.com
Fri Nov 17 12:45:39 PST 2006

Andy Mabbett wrote:
> In message <005801c70a5a$1fbb6e20$1601a8c0 at Impulse>, James Jory
> <james at scrugy.com> writes
>
>> Andy Mabbett wrote:
>>
>>> It would be possible to mark up grape varieties, yeast and,
>>> indeed, Botritis, using the 'Species' microformat. Say:
>>>
>> Yes, I've looked at "species" for this purpose and it certainly works
>> for parts of the wine industry.
>>
> Thank you - but which parts of the wine industry uses grapes and yeast
> which are (or were) not living things?

What I was getting at was that the typical wine consumer and the content
providers catering to wine consumers are less interested in the
scientific classification of a particular grape or yeast and more
interested in where to buy wine, who made it, how much it costs, recent
reviews, and so on. On the other hand, a wine making supply site would
probably be very interested in "species".