[uf-discuss] New Drupal Microformat module in development

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 12:03:58 PST 2006

On 11/20/06, Tane Piper <tane.piper at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Neat.  You might want to look at these:
> >
> > http://factorycity.net/demos/drupal/event_system/microformats/
> > http://www.allinthehead.com/hkit
> >
> > Also, Drupal allows you to use both PHP and HTML as template
> > syntaxes, so do you really need to add yet another syntax?
>
> Thats great, thanks for pointing that out, I'll have a look tommorow
> as anything that can make my life easier :)

I've also expressed my interest to Dries in adding hAtom to the
default templates in Drupal 5. Anyone interested in taking a crack at
it would be appreciated!

Otherwise, good to see Drupal is finally getting some microformat action.

> > "My own microformat" is really an oxymoron, as the value of
> > microformats comes almost entirely from the shared vocabulary
> > developed within a community.  (Similarly, a language only one person
> > spoke wouldn't last long.)  Luckily, the community has already
> > started work on this:
> >
> > http://microformats.org/wiki/media-info
> >

> of course :)  I only meant that in the way that I was looking in to
> it, but this media-info looks perfect.  Thanks again!

Furthermore, take a look at the work that's been done on XSPF (www.xspf.org/).

Chris