[uf-discuss] Issue with "fn org" when also organization unit

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Sat Nov 25 08:21:25 PST 2006

I'd like to mark up an organization where both the -name and -unit are
specified. I also want this to be an organization hCard.

I'm having trouble finding an adequate way to express this, as an
hCard with both the Organization Contact Info rule [1] and the Org
Optimization [2] seem to implicitly disallow having an
organization-unit

I.e. this is my company (ignoring the fn issue):

To make it an organization hCard, I need somehow to have org == fn,
while still independently expressing the -unit. Something like this

... which strikes me as inadequate. Thoughts?

Regards, etc...

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard#Organization_Contact_Info
[2] http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard#Implied_.22organization-name.22_Optimization

--