[uf-discuss] copy-and-paste metadata prior art?

John Allsopp john at westciv.com
Sun Oct 1 21:02:03 PDT 2006

> Hello, Bruce,
>
> Aren't there old X11 applications that used to copy-and-paste meta
> data too?
>
> I think I remember using old SGI workstations in University that
> copied-and-pasted text with bolding and italicizing intact.
>

> See ya

In an application I developed in 1994-6, "Palimpsest" you could cut
and paste the links (I called them "cross references") and
annotations, which had rich meta data in them. You could "tag" links
and annotations with "labels", links and annotations had creators,
creation dates, etc. All this data was maintained when copying and
pasting within the app.

You can still run Palimpsest on the Mac in Classic.

HTH

john

John Allsopp

style master :: css editor :: http://westciv.com/style_master