[uf-discuss] hAlias vs hCard

Jason Jobe jason2005 at jasonjobe.com
Tue Oct 3 08:29:44 PDT 2006

Hello,

I'm new to the list and just learning about microformats. Cool stuff.

My question / proposal is this.

Is there and should there be something I will refer to as an alias
(hAlias)? The motivation to have and offer one's alias is to maintain
a greater level of privacy. Suppose I want to give someone a way to
contact me without divulging all my vital (more permanent and
personal) attributes. Sort of a disposable email, or such. I can
imagine that 3rd party services would offer some privacy enhanced
email services, etc.

Basically, I want a way to introduce myself and provide some contact
information without requiring a full disclosure.

Schema-wise this is really just a handle, optional description, and URL.

I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

-jason