[uf-discuss] History Microformat

Jeremy Boggs jeremyboggs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 13:07:03 PDT 2006

Hi List,

I thought it might be useful to move this to its own thread, instead
of under the "dated-currency" thread. I hope that's ok.

>> i would be very interested in helping to explore a "history"
>> microformat. In my spare time, I've been collecting examples of
>> history timelines, after discussions a few months ago on this list
>> about the inability of using hCalendar to mark up before common
>> era dates, and other considerations for marking up historical
>> dates and spans of time.[1] I've collected examples of uses of BCE
>> dates and timelines in general, but I could easily expand the
>> scope of my inquiry.
>>

> Starting to collect these at history-examples on the wiki, and
> making notes at history-brainstorming would be a useful start.

Thanks Kevin. I've created the history-examples page (http://
microformats.org/wiki/history-examples) and am currently populating
it with my research. I hope that I'm doing this right, but will be
glad to make corrections or changes if I'm incorrectly following the
process.

Best,
Jeremy