[uf-discuss] Potential Microformats

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Wed Oct 4 16:39:01 PDT 2006

On 10/4/06, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au> wrote:
> Andy Mabbett wrote:
> > Someone asked me recently what other microformats might emerge, in the
> > future. Which set me thinking....
>
> This is a good list of use cases.  Some of these things are already
> covered, at least in part, by existing formats.  Do any of these formats
> have any limitations up these use cases?
>
> >         A-Z index       (of a web site e.g.
> >                         <http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/q>)
> >
> >         Site map
>
> XOXO.

Really? I've been thinking about how one would provide a
presentation-neutral uF for marking navigation in blog posts,
including marking up typical archive-directory blocks one sees on many
blogs.

Have a look at this page [1]. There's real semantic information
underlying what's presented on this page; how would you do it with
XOXO without restructuring presentation-wise what's there?

And I'm not asking this in a sarcastic way or anything! I really want
to know how to do this. One of the (many) issues I have with XOXO is
that for at least certain applications, it seems to be asking a lot of
the implementor.

Regards, etc...
David

[1] http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/