[uf-discuss] Handling hCalendar event updates on clients

David Arango arango at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:04:33 PDT 2006

On 10/6/06, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
> The closest thing to a UID that people publish is a HTTP URL
> 'uid' to that hyper link, it will all work.

URLs are good unique identifiers (the problem about namespaces is also
solved with them) I think that using an ID attribute in every vevent
element (so the event has a permalink) and using that permalink as UID
the problem could be solved. That way clients could update event data
and hCalendar-powered lists could be used as subscription channels for
event data (applying the suitable transformations), so I think UID
should be mandatory

Am I mistaken? What about paginated calendars?

--
David Arango el único desarrollador con una orden de alejamiento de
Jeffrey Zeldman

Cuando no hago otra cosa escribo en mildiez.net