[uf-discuss] hCard-o-matic toplevel div not address?

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 02:47:55 PDT 2006

On 10/16/06, Steve Robillard <s.robillard at snet.net> wrote:
> Jan,
>
> If I understand it correctly it comes down to the definition of the address
> tag. It is designed to markup information related to the author of a
> particular page (if this is true then you can use the address tag).
>
> I am sure if this is incorrect someone will correct me.

Yeah - that's pretty much it.  You'd only expect to find one <address>
on a page, of the author - so to discourage the use for general
listings of address the <div> was used on the generator instead (I'm
assuming, at least).

As with the specs.. divs and spans are used liberally mostly as
examples of where to put the class names and what should be nested
within what.  You should still use the correct semantic tags as are
suitable to what you're marking up, just as you would without
microformats.

--
Frances Berriman
http://www.fberriman.com