[uf-discuss] hCalendar spec- no specification included!

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 16 12:51:34 PDT 2006

On 10/16/06 12:30 PM, "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

>> Imagine what would happen if everyone attempted to do so (or even just a
>> dozen people).  There would be a lot of thrash, and worse still, the pages
>> that are stable and reliable would become less so to the readers of those
>> pages.
>
> I'm not really interested in discussing your unfounded assertions.

Andy, the point is, that if everyone acted as you do, the wiki would be a
mess with thrashing back and forth based upon everyone's different opinions
of what makes usable/accessible content.

Please consider what would happen if everyone acted the way you do before
you do such actions.

>>> Once again, your tone is objectionable.
>>
>> Andy, as has been noted by others, discussions of tone in email are usually
>> not very productive.
>
> Nonetheless, yours is objectionable.

Your perception and assertion of an objectionable tone is likely flawed and
not true to the intended conveyed tone.  This is common in email, has been
noted by others on this list, and therefore not worth asserting, especially
repeatedly, as you have done so.

>>  My only suggestion is that you try to assume that we
>> are all trying to do the right thing and make positive progress and help
>> each other out.
>
> I prefer to work on evidence, rather than naive assumptions.

The existence of the community and incredible growth/adoption that
microformats has seen in the year+ of existence of microformats.org is
sufficient evidence.

That being said, I find that community interactions work better when
everyone is assuming everyone else is also trying to do the right thing and
make positive progress and help each other out, and I think that most people
here would say the same thing.

If you have found otherwise, perhaps in other communities, then that's why I
suggested you at least consider for this community.

Thanks for your consideration,

Tantek