[uf-discuss] currency quickpoll results and suggested next step

Guillaume Lebleu gl at brixlogic.com
Tue Oct 17 09:14:06 PDT 2006

Mike Schinkel wrote:
> My opinion is this sounds like a great idea!  Will you be doing the edit on
> the current proposal?

yes, I intend to do before the end of this week.
> I am surprised however at the number of people who felt "Currency
> unit/denomination used identification" was important and it seems like an
> edge case to me. I'm hoping that this become an optional aspect as opposed
> to always required, and the same with amount, actually.

I think that you can change your vote (assuming your re-vote from the
same machine and cookies are one and haven't been erased).
Let me know. Otherwise, I think the simplest is that I remove your vote
from the final results.
> Also, will the current spec worry about the other concerns so as not to
> eliminate the possibility of including them later, or by asking am I just
> removing the benefit of "focusing on the top 3" by asking?

I suggest the current spec focuses on the top 3. The future will be
moved to a "2.0" page. Any concern that some aspects of the 1.0 spec are
not be forward-compatible with 2.0 is relevant for 1.0.

Guillaume